If you got a bunch of gift cards or need to make some exchanges this year, or if you happen to have any friends with upcoming birthdays or special occasions, here are a few of my favorite gifts this year:
1. Keurig coffee maker. If you don’t have one yet, what is wrong with you? They’re fast and not messy. It’s by-the-cup, so you don’t end up with a pot full of old coffee at the end of the day. I visited my college roommate in Pennsylvania a couple of summers ago, and they had a Keurig in the guest room for me. It was awesome! Even if you’re not a coffee drinker, there are options for tea and iced drinks, and it’s a must-have if you entertain guests on a regular basis.
2. Amazon has an indoor flavor/searing grill (think George Foreman) for $59. I don’t have it yet, but it made the wish list.
3. Tasty cookbook! You know those Tasty videos that show up in your Facebook feed and show you step-by-step how to make fun little cheesecake squares or mozzarella bites? There’s a whole cookbook now. I bought one for my mom, then went back to the store to get one for my future mother-in-law, and they were sold out. But I’ll be back. And let’s be honest, I kind of want one for myself.
4. Perfume. My favorite scents right now are Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana, Fancy by Jessica Simpson (don’t judge me!) and Burberry Brit.
5. Cologne. I’m told that for men, Polo Red is the way to go this year.
6. For the kids under the age of 5 in your life, Dollar Tree is the place to be. They have Pokemon cards, these ridiculous grow toys that sprout like chia pets when put in the bathtub and coloring books and whoopee cushions. Enough said.
7. One of my favorite gifts to receive this year was a set of Lip Sense lipstick and gloss from my sister. It actually lasts all day.
8. Homemade cookies. OMG, my friend Amy made these ridiculous caramel pecan cookies. To die for. Because, let’s face it. You can’t eat a gift card.
9. For the ladies, something that sparkles is always nice. Men are hard to shop for when it comes to accessories, but I found a nice, affordable Movado watch on Amazon that I think will work out nicely just as soon as we get a battery in it.
10. Astros gear. It’s everywhere; these are collectors’ items. Someday your kids are going to tell their husbands and wives that they remember when the ‘Stros won the World Series in 2017. Get them a T-shirt or a box of baseball cards to commemorate this epic event.