The City of Sealy Health Inspector has inspected the following establishments for food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, and sanitary conditions:
1. Feb. 19: Hartz Chicken, 1822 S. Meyer St., chairs need to be repaired or replaced, box in walk-in cooler on floor, light fixture not properly installed, trash can holders need to be repaired or replaced, doors are offset in the dining area and need to be set correctly, men’s restroom light fixture cracked and needs to be replaced, establishment very dusty, open plugs in dining area, ceiling tile in ladies’ restroom is falling down and needs to be replaced, fan in cook’s area needs to be removed and cleaned, old grease left in broken fryer, establishment was not cleaned overnight, water faucets at a three-compartment sink needs to work properly, establishment must stay lit during business hours.
2. Feb. 19: San Juan Meat Market, 102 Main St., very clean. Inspection passed.
3. Feb. 19: Donut Palace, 130 Meyer St., Fix toilet paper holder, need current copy of pest control report and grease trap clean out (manifest and report). Paperwork due at time of reinspection in 10 days.
4. Feb. 19: Tony’s Restaurant, 1629 Meyer St., cover items in walk-in cooler (*C.O.S.), steam table employees must only prepare food for customer (cannot check out customer).
5. Feb. 27: Huddle House, 6025 FM 3538, very clean. Inspection passed
6. Feb. 27: Subway, 6025 FM 3538, urinal removed in men’s bathroom needs to be disconnected properly; sink in ladies’ restroom is leaning and needs to be fixed. Re-inspection will be in 10 days.
7. Feb. 27: Wildcat Express, 6025 FM 3538, all items in walk-in cooler must be six inches off of store floor and cooler floor (*C.O.S.)
8. Feb. 27: Jin’s Asian Café, 2220 Hwy. 36 South, no cover on tea containers, need to replace tea containers, kitchen floor is very dirty, kitchen walls are very dirty, dead roaches in several locations on floor, handwashing sink very dirty and paper towel holder, drink machine needs to be cleaned, floor needs to be steam cleaned; very dirty floor, vent hood was red tagged and not working properly, extension cords in several locations that needed to be removed, dead mosquitos in the grease fryer, expired fire extinguisher; establishment will remain closed until re-inspection.
Feb. 20: - Hartz, drive thru lights need to be repaired or replaced, large sign must be lit during business hours; business allowed to reopen on Feb. 21.
(*C.O.S.- Corrected On Site)