Texans affected by Hurricane Harvey now have until Nov. 30 to register for federal assistance.
The deadline was Nov. 24, however, an additional six days now gives survivors more time through the Thanksgiving holiday.
Federal assistance includes help for temporary housing, rental assistance and repair or replacement of damaged homes for eligible individuals and families who have suffered losses as a result of the storm.
Additionally, grants may be available to help with other expenses such as medical and dental care, child care, funeral and burial costs, replacing essential household items, moving and storage, vehicle repairs and some clean-up items.
Renters and homeowners must be in a designated county to qualify for assistance. Those counties include: Aransas, Austin, Bastrop, Bee, Brazoria, Caldwell, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzales, Grimes, Hardin, Harris, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Lee, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Nueces, Orange, Polk, Refugio, Sabine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Tyler, Victoria, Waller, Walker and Wharton.
Survivors may register in many ways:
• Online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
• Calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
• Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app.
• Visiting a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). Find the location of nearby DRCs online at www.fema.gov/DRC.
The following information is helpful when registering:
• Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
• Current mailing address.
• Current telephone number.
• Insurance information.
• Total household annual income.
• Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
• A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
For more information on Hurricane Harvey and Texas recovery, visit the Hurricane Harvey disaster web page at www.fema.gov/disaster/4332, or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FEMAharvey, the FEMA Region6 Twitter account at twitter.com/FEMARegion6, or the Texas Division of Emergency Management website at www.dps.texas.gov/dem/.