The Sealy Historical Park is now privy to a new exhibit.
A reproduction two-holer outhouse was recently donated to the Sealy Area Historical Society and has been temporarily placed next to the old Hackbarth House built ca 1880.
Leon Konvicka built the outhouse as an exact replica of the one he used as a boy. Konvicka used 1-inch by 12-inch longleaf pine salvaged from a house that was torn down on Front Street once owned by constable and Sealy deputy Buck Childers.
A crew from 9G Construction, including Ryan and Berl Gassner and Daniel Griffen, moved the outhouse with help from Dennis Holder.
The museum, which has been closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, should be open again on Saturday, July 25, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for outdoor tours. The tours include the old jail built in 1884, the Hackbarth House, the 1927 caboose, and the outhouse.