On Saturday, Aug. 22, Austin County 4-H hosted an awards banquet sponsored by the Parents and Leaders Association to commemorate the outstanding work put into our 4-Hers’ projects, contests, and activities.
Over 80 attendees were hosted at the Austin County Fairgrounds under the Entertainment Pavilion and sound was provided by the Peschel family. Many 4-H events this year were canceled due to COVID-19. Project participation awards were presented, the state and national champion livestock quiz bowl teams were recognized, and the Star Awards were presented to deserving individuals.
The 2019-2020 4-H award winners were as follows:
• Rising Star Award – Kaesee Brune and Luke Malinowski
• Bronze Star Award – Grace Lischka
• Silver Star Award – Skye Youngblood
• Gold Star Award – Hudson Ham and Kylee Svinky
• Leader of the Year Award – Cassie Malinowski, Welcome 4-H and swine project Leader
• Friend of 4-H Award – SCS Construction and Corey Jackson with Air Installation and Service, LLC.